To enrich #SNMP v3 support, I am going to use snmp4j agent. But due to lack of documentation for me, a Java blind, I have to learn about it bit by bit.
Below is a summary of my steps,
- Download and install Java runtime from http://java.com. I install it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6.
- Configure JAVA_HOME like this (http://wso2.org/project/wsas/java/1.1/docs/setting-java-home.html) and add C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin to PATH.
- Download snmp4j agent ZIP package from here (http://snmp4j.org/html/download.html). I use 1.3.1 version.
- Unzip this package and copy all JARs from
- Create a launch.bat in
dist\liband use the following content.
- Execute this batch file to launch the agent. To stop it, simply close the console window.
Batch file content is,
1 2 java -cp SNMP4J-agent.jar;SNMP4J.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar org.snmp4j.agent.test.TestAgent pause
I will spend more time on this agent and post future findings later.