(CSDN July 21, 2006)
It is not hard to find that Eclipse 3.2 has been available for a long time. However, you can not find a 3.2 deb on China local Ubuntu repository (all that I got is 3.1.2). So, I try another way.
- download the gtk2 version of eclipse for Linux.
- make sure you install sun-java5-jre and make it default JVM on your Ubuntu. It is not hard, too. Ubuntu.org.cn has a nice article on this issue.
- unzip the tar.gz you download to a folder, for me I choose /home/lextm. It should be a folder eclipse containing all files needed.
- make a desktop shortcut. The link should be /home/lextm/eclipse/eclipse.
- then run this shortcut and Eclipse 3.2 should be launched. For me, it is quite okay.
What is missing is how to install Java 6. I will solve this issue soon.